Rafferty's Chicken Casserole
Makes - 3 ice cube trays
150 g chicken (equivalent to ½ chicken breast, 3 tenderloins or 1 chicken thigh)
Splash of olive oil
¼ leek finely diced
½ small clove garlic, crushed (optional)
1 cup reduced salt chicken stock or water
1 pouch Rafferty’s Garden sweet potato + carrot + apple (+ nothing else)
This recipe is suitable for babies aged 6 months +
To make this dish more complex for older babies, add soft cooked vegetables such as chopped zucchini, broccoli and spinach to your blended casserole to introduce soft or mashed textures to this meal.
- Step 1
- Place olive oil in saucepan, heat and lightly sauté leek and garlic, add chicken and continue to sauté lightly for 2 minutes (you want the chicken to stay white not turn brown)
- Step 2
- Add stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half
- Step 3
- Stir through a pouch of Rafferty’s Garden sweet potato + carrot + apple (+ nothing else) cover turn heat off and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Step 4
- Blend mixture to desired consistency adding water if needed.
- Step 5
- Depending on your child’s taste you may like to add another pouch of Rafferty’s sweet potato + carrot + apple (+ nothing else).
- Step 6
- Freeze remaining puree in ice cube trays or ½ cup serves in labeled and dated zip lock bags. Use within 3 months
- My baby absolutely loves this chicken casserole
Write Your Own* All fields are required